Watch as Vidal Sassoon expert Michael Forrey explains how to achieve Wanderlust Waves in this How-To video tutorial.
Get the Look
3VR Deep Velvet Violet
Boost and Lift Shampoo
Boost and Lift Conditioner
Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse
Boost & Lift Hairspray
1.5-inch Curling Iron
To achieve this hair color, use Vidal Sassoon 3VR Deep Velvet Violet. Then, prep the hair using the Vidal Sassoon Boost and Lift Shampoo and Conditioner for more volume.
Step-by-Step Styling Tips
1. Create a center part in your hair. Start at the front creating two sections until midway down the back of your head.
2. Use the Vidal Sassoon 1.5” curling iron to create curls at the base of your neck using a figure 8 technique. Then, secure your curled hair with a duckbill clip. The curls should sit off of the base of your head and away from your face.
3. Continue to curl the rest of your hair down and horizontally along your head. Once all of your curls are complete, spray with the Vidal Sassoon Volume Hairspray to add hold and lift.
4. Run your fingers through your hair to break up and loosen the curls all over to give it a more modern look.
5. Part the hair down the middle or on the side – side parts are more flattering for most face shapes, but a middle part will give a more balanced look.